Awards & Honors
Suburban Community Hospital
Suburban Community Hospital is proud to be a leader in providing quality healthcare to the residents of Montgomery County.
TJC Primary Stroke Center Certification
The Joint Commission Certificate of Distinction for Primary Stroke Centers recognizes centers that make exceptional efforts to foster better outcomes for stroke care. Achievement of certification signifies that the services that we provide have the critical elements to achieve long-term success in improving outcomes.
TJC Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
Named Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. Suburban Community Hospital is one of 1,224 hospitals in the United States to achieve the 2020 Top Performer distinction. Suburban Community Hospital was recognized for sustaining excellence in accountability measure performance for Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care.
HAP Safety Across the Board Award
Suburban Community Hospital received the “Safety Across the Board” Excellence Award from The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) for exceptional performance and participation as part of its Pennsylvania Hospital Engagement Network (PA-HEN).
Get With The Guidelines—Stroke Gold Plus
Get With The Guidelines—Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement and Target: Stroke Honor Roll Awards Recipient. Suburban Community Hospital received the 2020 Get With The Guidelines Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for Stroke care. Suburban Community Hospital is also a recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Target: Stroke Honor Roll award for improving stroke care.
Get With The Guidelines Gold—Plus Heart Failure
Get With The Guidelines Gold-Plus Heart Failure Quality Achievement Award Recipient. Suburban Community Hospital received the 2020 Get With The Guidelines–Heart Failure Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award.
Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in breast ultrasound, computer tomography,
mammography, MRI, nuclear medicine and stereotactics. Accreditation is a peer-reviewed, educationally focused evaluation process to help assure our patients of the highest level of image quality and safety. It documents that our facility meets accreditation requirements for equipment, continuing education and personnel.
Quality Awards & Honors
Quality Awards & Honors
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis, (2019-2022)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award, (2018, 2019, & 2020)
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Hip Fracture, (2019-2022)
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy, 2021
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia, 2022
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety Excellence Award, by Healthgrades (2019, 2020, & 2021)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety Excellence Award, by Healthgrades (2018 & 2023)
- Accreditation from Joint Commission
- Certification from Joint Commission for Heart Failure & Stroke
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines Heart Failure Gold Plus Award recipient, (2014–2023)
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus with Honor Roll Elite Plus Award recipient, (2015–2021)
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus with Honor Roll Award recipient, (2020–2023)
- IAC Accreditation Echocardiography
- Nationally Recognized ‘A’ Grade for Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, (fall 2019 and fall 2021)
- Geriatric Emergency Department from the American College of Emergency Physicians (GEDA), 2020
- Titanium Award in Donate Life HAP Challenge, (2021-2022)
- Platinum Award in Donate Life HAP Challenge, 2023
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll, (2021 & 2023)
- The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) for Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation (GEDA), Prime Healthcare System Accreditation, 2022
- Recognized for Excellence in Patient Safety by HAP, 2022
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) Echocardiography accreditation 10-Year Green Milestone Recognition recipient, 2023
- The Lown Institute Honor Roll Award for the most socially responsible hospitals in America, receiving “A” grades in Health Equity, Value, and Outcomes on its 2023-24 Lown Institute Hospitals Index. Suburban Community Hospital also performed well on Health Equality, Value of Care, Patient Outcomes, Clinical Outcomes, Patient Safety, Inclusivity, Avoiding Overuse, Coast Efficiency and Top 5 in Pennsylvania for Social Responsibility and Inclusivity, (2023-2024)